Friday, October 17, 2008

Day 1 -- Skamania County, Washington


Our first journey is to Skamania County, Washington. Located here is Mount St. Helens. It is a massive active stratovolcano. Mount St. Helens is one of the United States' most famous volcanoes.
This famous volcano is made up of lava rock, layers of ash, pumice, and many other deposits. Mt St. Helens is a part of the Cascade mountain range. The Cascade Mountain Range is a volcanic chain that is a resultant of the Juan de Fuca plate, a dense basaltic rock oceanic crustal plate, submerging under a less dense granitic Continental crustal plate, known as the North American Plate. As the Juan de Fuca submerges, great amounts of pressure builds up and as a result volcanic chains are formed, thus resulting in Mount St. Helens.

2 comments:

Ryan and Amy said...

Doing great here, but I only see two posts, and you need a minimum of five!

Anonymous said...

Hola. First I congratulate you because I like your blog.
Secondly, I invite him to leave his comment on my blog, as well as to join the advertisements that are on my blogs and search engines use my blog ..
I hope you understand that this way you will help me and in return, I will help you.
I hope to be your friend. I wish him the best.